The 7 th IEEE International Conference on Smart Communications in Network Technologies (SACONET’18)
La Gazelle d’or, El Oued, Algeria, 27-31 october, 2018.
(After Miami, Houston, Ottawa, Paris and Barcelona)
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENT:
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- Extended versions of selected papers will be published in a:
- Special Issue of International Journal of Communication Systems (JCR indexed) https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10991131
- Privacy and Security journal: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/24756725
- as a Chapter in a book “Smart Communication in Network Technologies” edited in “Network and Telecommunication Series” by Iste and Wiley
- Junior and poster papers will be published in Multimedia and Networks Journal edited Iste Open Science, https://www.openscience.fr/Multimedia-and-Networks.
There will also be best paper awards.
The scope of SaCoNet is to deal with the growing smart communications fields embedded in complex systems for a wide variety of applications in the future generation of network and cloud computing technologies. SaCoNet focuses on how smart communications and ICT networks impact not only on network technologies (protocols, equipment, algorithms, power, MANET, VANET, etc.), but also on creating collective and individual awareness about the multiple sustainability threats which our society is facing nowadays at social, environmental and political levels, considering a wide family of applications (healthcare, underwater, vehicular, robotic, economics, etc).
Indeed, autonomous applications embedded in complex configurations and dynamic environments have rapidly expanded from classical applications where different modular devices, actuators and sensors interact closely. This has considerably impacted the control of a given system in a centralized manner. Current trends are to propose new autonomic architecture schemes that manage and control future emerging networks: Sky of clouds, Internet of things, Smart Grids, Smart Cities, etc. The evolution of Internet usages appeals for more quality guarantees in order to support stringent services. Aligned to these trends, the Open Data initiative fuels novel development scenarios, business opportunities and markets. In this context, for example, Healthcare and wellness applications such as helping elderly people, assisting dependent persons, habitat monitoring in a smart environment constitute some of the potential scenarios of convergence between autonomous systems and smart network technologies. These applications, which are based on high-level commands, accomplish some specific tasks, reveal new challenges regarding mechanic design, portability, acceptability, power support and efficiency, control theory, cost, economic aspects, scalability, security, etc.
Another key challenge arises at business level, since existing models do not cover added value services. Before investing in these infrastructures, providers must be ensured to perceive incentive compensations. This conference will highlight the overlapping of these two domains of autonomous systems and the smart network technologies devoted for different applications for a large variety of domains. Issues related to concepts, new technologies, test-beds, and protocols will elicit particular attention. SaCoNeT solicits papers dealing with Smart Communications in (not limited to):
5G and Next Generation Networks
- 5G wireless technologies and Virtualization
- Cloud-based 5G mobile architectures
- Spectrum utilization and Massive MIMO Communications
- SDN and NGN for smart cities
- Routing innovation for smart communications
- Device-to-Device Communications and networking
- Cloud and Mobile Edge Computing
- IS security
Ad hoc, Sensor and Vehicular Networks
- Internet of things
- Techniques of sensing, actuation and recognition
- Architecture and protocol for wireless based sensor networks
- Context awareness using sensor networks
- Vehicular applications of autonomous behavior
- Energy optimization
- Real-time network using sensors, actuators and transducers
Autonomic and Robot based Networks
- Design modeling and control of autonomous robotic systems
- Monitoring and security of autonomous systems
- Assistive robotic technology
- Autonomous manipulation using service robots
- Network based transmission architecture
- Pervasive communication in autonomous application fields
- Energy optimization of autonomous systems
Applications and client overview
- E-Health, Telemedicine, Oil and Gas industries
- Data mining /Image processing in networks
- Rural/Underwater applications
- Context-awareness and ubiquitous applications
- Big data analysis
- Secure, scalable and low cost network paradigms applications
- Digital social platforms
- Numerical Transformation, Digitalisation